Monday, March 23, 2015

What would cause loss of internet connection?

I continue to lose connection off and on after going weeks and months with no problems at all. Suddenly I am losing connection and cannot stay connected for more than a minute or less.

For a long time I thought it had something to do with my Son and his XBox set-up or something from his participation in our home network. Because it seemed like every time he came home from college there would be this problem.

He has however come home a few times or more and there was no problems at all for me.

I even got rid of my 9 year old Airport Extreme and bought a non-Apple router last year. This did not solve the problem.

I am thinking the problem must be with this Macbook Pro of mine. I also thought that maybe we have too many devices on our home network, with four cell phones, three laptops and an XBOX. But as I mentioned we can go months sometimes with no problems at all for me.

The last few days have been terrible and as I am typing this I see I have lost connection. I have to go up and click on the signal icon at the top and then click on the home network name and the connection comes back instantly, but only stays connected or a minute and usually less.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Info- discussions.apple.com › Support › Apple Support Communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment